…Learned a lot and had a great experience. Would highly recommend for anyone interested.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art Tour
Skip the line at New York’s most beloved destination and be led by our expert guide to the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s most fascinating artifacts. This exclusive tour commences with an enlightening overview of the Met’s origins, growth, and acquisitions that elevated it to a globally renowned art institution. On this unique tour experience, you’ll encounter astounding artworks, extraordinary artists, momentous artifacts, and secret stories from American history and beyond.
Skip the Line
Start your Met journey with an expert guide sharing a compelling overview of the museum's history
Marvel at the eclectic collections spanning centuries and continents
Understand the techniques, inspirations, and societal impact of the artists
Discover the stories behind the masterpieces
Private professionally guided walking tour.
$299.00 USD for up to 6 participants
$30.00 USD for each additional participant
- Private Personalized Tour
- Expert Licensed Local Guide
- Customizable Experience
- Express Entry
– Entrance Fees purchased on site prior to the start of the tour
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
outside The Ruth and Harold D. Uris Center for Education
5th Avenue and 81st Street ground level entrance
one block south of the main stairs
We want you to have a great experience and will do our best to accommodate you. Even with the best intentions we understand that sometimes things happen. We ask kindly that you please take a moment to review our policies:
- Safety – We follow all of the most current federal, state and local guidelines and follow best practices to ensure the safety of all. Our tours take place outdoors unless otherwise noted. Masks and social distancing are recommended and may be required to enter indoor facilities when applicable. We make every effort to avoid high traffic areas to make for a more comfortable experience.
- Weather – all tours are conducted on a year round basis, rain or shine. If inclement weather is expected or there is a severe weather advisory warning in effect around the time of the tour, we will contact you to discuss all options including or rescheduling the tour to another day or provide a refund.
- Schedule – tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early. If you anticipate a delay in arrival please call us at (646) 320-1277.
- Exchanges and Refunds – if for any reason you cannot make your scheduled tour we will be happy to reschedule your tour for another day. If you must cancel your tour we will provide a full refund of your tour at your request with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- Reservations – you can reserve a tour by phone, e-mail, or securely online. Advance reservations are recommended for all tours. Scheduled tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early.
- Dress – for the most enjoyable experience we suggest dressing appropriately for the weather and wearing comfortable walking shoes.
- Photos – bring a fully charged phone or camera! Your guide is happy to take photos for you at your request.
- Accessibility – our tours take place on level terrain and are stroller and wheelchair friendly. Please notify your guide if any participants might require special accommodation or accessibility during the tour.
- Transportation – we know that the best way to experience New York City is on foot. Our tours are walking tours that go at a comfortable leisurely pace. We can provide private transportation or assist with public transportation for an additional fee upon request.
See What Previous Guests Had to Say
…We toured the Met and learned a great amount in our 2 hours including details that we would have never learned without his assistance… Highly recommended.
… knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic, and made our first-time visit to the museum truly enjoyable…perfect for the general public, especially anyone traveling as a family or group with diverse interests …Highly recommended.