HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! My father is an economist and U.S. colonial history guru. In his older age, we considered this his only trip to NYC and wanted to make it the most memorable for him. We had no idea on the extensive importance NYC had on the economic beginnings of our great nation!
Historic Lower Manhattan
& Financial District Tour
Walk through this historic district and discover New York from its early colonial history and hear the stories behind how it evolved to become the financial capital of the world. On this popular tour, your expert guide will take you on a path through history to visit many important sights from the early Dutch settlement and English colonial era as you learn about the events that inspired the American Revolution and formation of a free and independent nation. This fascinating walk includes a tour of the Downtown Harbor with spectacular views of the Statue of Liberty, Battery Park, Custom House, Stone Street, Fraunces Tavern, Wall Street, the New York Stock Exchange, Federal Hall, Trinity Church, and City Hall.
Experience the journey of New York from its early colonial beginnings to its evolution as the global financial powerhouse
Enjoy sweeping views of Downtown Harbor, the Statue of Liberty, Battery Park, and the Custom House
Discover the history behind significant sites including Wall Street, the New York Stock Exchange, and City Hall
Learn about pivotal events that shaped the inception and future of a free and independent nation under the expert guidance of your tour guide
Duration, Price & Where to Meet
Private tour: $279.00 USD
Bowling Green Park – by the south gate facing the National Museum of the American Indian
We want you to have a great experience and will do our best to accommodate you. Even with the best intentions we understand that sometimes things happen. We ask kindly that you please take a moment to review our policies:
- Safety – We follow all of the most current federal, state and local guidelines and follow best practices to ensure the safety of all. Our tours take place outdoors unless otherwise noted. Masks and social distancing are recommended and may be required to enter indoor facilities when applicable. We make every effort to avoid high traffic areas to make for a more comfortable experience.
- Weather – all tours are conducted on a year round basis, rain or shine. If inclement weather is expected or there is a severe weather advisory warning in effect around the time of the tour, we will contact you to discuss all options including or rescheduling the tour to another day or provide a refund.
- Schedule – tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early. If you anticipate a delay in arrival please call us at (646) 320-1277.
- Exchanges and Refunds – if for any reason you cannot make your scheduled tour we will be happy to reschedule your tour for another day. If you must cancel your tour we will provide a full refund of your tour at your request with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- Reservations – you can reserve a tour by phone, e-mail, or securely online. Advance reservations are recommended for all tours. Scheduled tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early.
- Dress – for the most enjoyable experience we suggest dressing appropriately for the weather and wearing comfortable walking shoes.
- Photos – bring a fully charged phone or camera! Your guide is happy to take photos for you at your request.
- Accessibility – our tours take place on level terrain and are stroller and wheelchair friendly. Please notify your guide if any participants might require special accommodation or accessibility during the tour.
- Transportation – we know that the best way to experience New York City is on foot. Our tours are walking tours that go at a comfortable leisurely pace. We can provide private transportation or assist with public transportation for an additional fee upon request.
See What Previous Guests Had to Say
Unique perspective on lower manhattan and financial district. Kevin’s anecdotes, historical context and pacing kept the whole group engaged. Native new yorkers and amazed out of state relatives of all ages thoroughly enjoyed this private tour. We’ll be back !!!
We did a tour of the Financial District in March. It was really great! If you’re new to the city or just visiting, this is a surprisingly engaging tour with lots of revolutionary history as well lots of fascinating info about modern New York. Highly recommended!
Amazing tour! We were fascinated the entire time. We ran into another of their guides while we were out and about – equally kind and gracious. We will definitely schedule some of their other tours next time we are in NYC.