…We look forward to visiting NYC again and taking another tour with NYHT.
Christmas in New York: The Holiday Tour
Experience the magic, spectacle, and spirit of the holiday season on an enchanted journey through the history of holiday traditions. This first-class tour of Christmas in New York takes you to the most spectacular seasonal sites in the heart of Manhattan and reveals the inspired stories behind them. Get ready to enjoy the festive tales and stories behind time-honored traditions that will bring the spectacle of the city to life for an unforgettable holiday treat.
Your journey through the history of the holidays begins in Herald Square where your guide will begin to reveal how many of the concepts, sights, and sounds of the season came became ubiquitous from a unique New York perspective. Learn the magic behind Macy’s and uncover the miracles of 34th Street. Discover how Santa became the reigning jolly old fellow and explore the meaning behind the many merry customs we associate with the season. Encounter the wondrous whimsical windows and dazzling holiday displays along Fifth Avenue. Delight in the magnificence of Rockefeller Center, and experience the true spirit of Christmas at St Patrick’s Cathedral.
Experience Holiday Highlights
Legendary Landmarks and Local Traditions
Expert Guided Experience
Unveil Holiday Traditions: Explore Manhattan's holiday history with an expert guide. Discover the magic of Macy's, the origins of Santa, and the essence of cherished holiday customs.
Discover Macy's Magic: Begin in Herald Square, where Macy's magic unfolds. Learn about Santa and 34th Street miracles, and explore iconic Fifth Avenue displays.
Magnificence of Manhattan: Enjoy whimsical Fifth Avenue displays and the iconic Rockefeller Center. Experience the true Christmas spirit at St. Patrick's Cathedral.
Duration, Price & Where to Meet
Herald Square Park
by Macy’s in front of the James Gordon Bennett Memorial
We want you to have a great experience and will do our best to accommodate you. Even with the best intentions we understand that sometimes things happen. We ask kindly that you please take a moment to review our policies:
- Safety – We follow all of the most current federal, state and local guidelines and follow best practices to ensure the safety of all. Our tours take place outdoors unless otherwise noted. Masks and social distancing are recommended and may be required to enter indoor facilities when applicable. We make every effort to avoid high traffic areas to make for a more comfortable experience.
- Weather – all tours are conducted on a year round basis, rain or shine. If inclement weather is expected or there is a severe weather advisory warning in effect around the time of the tour, we will contact you to discuss all options including or rescheduling the tour to another day or provide a refund.
- Schedule – tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early. If you anticipate a delay in arrival please call us at (646) 320-1277.
- Exchanges and Refunds – if for any reason you cannot make your scheduled tour we will be happy to reschedule your tour for another day. If you must cancel your tour we will provide a full refund of your tour at your request with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- Reservations – you can reserve a tour by phone, e-mail, or securely online. Advance reservations are recommended for all tours. Scheduled tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early.
- Dress – for the most enjoyable experience we suggest dressing appropriately for the weather and wearing comfortable walking shoes.
- Photos – bring a fully charged phone or camera! Your guide is happy to take photos for you at your request.
- Accessibility – our tours take place on level terrain and are stroller and wheelchair friendly. Please notify your guide if any participants might require special accommodation or accessibility during the tour.
- Transportation – we know that the best way to experience New York City is on foot. Our tours are walking tours that go at a comfortable leisurely pace. We can provide private transportation or assist with public transportation for an additional fee upon request.
See What Previous Guests Had to Say
….Best part is my mom and dad LOVED it!! I highly recommend this tour company over any other company within NYC. Professional, educated, articulate, polite and true in and out New Yorkers…
…Great tour if you like to learn. Great for couples and small groups of friends and family. Perfect for visitors and New Yorkers alike!…we are already planning when to do the next tour!