…shared history and stories I’d never heard before — it truly was fascinating.
Lower East Side, Chinatown, & Little Italy Tour
Embark on a journey through the Lower East Side of Manhattan, a fascinating mix of social history and cultural diversity. Learn about its evolution into a cultural melting pot that seamlessly integrated into American society. Listen to the poignant stories of immigrants, both infamous and esteemed, who left a permanent imprint on our history. Witness the remnants and reincarnations of ethnic heritage that characterize these neighborhoods, including the Five Points, Mulberry Street, and numerous historic places of worship and cultural centers.
Fascinating Social History
Explore the culturally rich southeast side of Manhattan, an area renowned for its social history and diversity
Wander through Little Italy and Chinatown and encounter influences from old world traditions
Hear the stories of immigrants who left an enduring mark on the nation's history.
Observe the vestiges and rebirth of various ethnic heritage that defines these neighborhoods
Private professionally guided walking tour.
$299.00 USD for up to 6 participants
$30.00 USD for each additional participant
- Private Personalized Tour
- Expert Licensed Local Guide
- Customizable Experience
City Hall Park
by the north side of the fountain
View in Google Maps
We want you to have a great experience and will do our best to accommodate you. Even with the best intentions we understand that sometimes things happen. We ask kindly that you please take a moment to review our policies:
- Safety – We follow all of the most current federal, state and local guidelines and follow best practices to ensure the safety of all. Our tours take place outdoors unless otherwise noted. Masks and social distancing are recommended and may be required to enter indoor facilities when applicable. We make every effort to avoid high traffic areas to make for a more comfortable experience.
- Weather – all tours are conducted on a year round basis, rain or shine. If inclement weather is expected or there is a severe weather advisory warning in effect around the time of the tour, we will contact you to discuss all options including or rescheduling the tour to another day or provide a refund.
- Schedule – tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early. If you anticipate a delay in arrival please call us at (646) 320-1277.
- Exchanges and Refunds – if for any reason you cannot make your scheduled tour we will be happy to reschedule your tour for another day. If you must cancel your tour we will provide a full refund of your tour at your request with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- Reservations – you can reserve a tour by phone, e-mail, or securely online. Advance reservations are recommended for all tours. Scheduled tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early.
- Dress – for the most enjoyable experience we suggest dressing appropriately for the weather and wearing comfortable walking shoes.
- Photos – bring a fully charged phone or camera! Your guide is happy to take photos for you at your request.
- Accessibility – our tours take place on level terrain and are stroller and wheelchair friendly. Please notify your guide if any participants might require special accommodation or accessibility during the tour.
- Transportation – we know that the best way to experience New York City is on foot. Our tours are walking tours that go at a comfortable leisurely pace. We can provide private transportation or assist with public transportation for an additional fee upon request.
See What Previous Guests Had to Say
…Excellent guide. Well organised company. Im not in habit if giving out 5 out of 5 scores for any old so and so. But this was well worth it. I sense they get a lot of repeat customers. And when I’m next in NY I will book another…
It was the perfect tour – a blend of rich history, little-known facts, and a knowledgeable, enthusiastic guide. We learned so much about this part of NYC…