Excellent tour, knowledgeable and personable guide. Lots of good information. Would gladly recommend it!
Private Guided Half DayThe Downtown Experience
Tour of New York City
Tour of New York City
Embark on an immersive journey through the neighborhoods of Lower Manhattan rich with history that form a foundation of American heritage. Delve into world renowned sites and epic historical events, guided by a local expert rife with knowledge and narrative who brings the city to life. Each step uncovers extraordinary stories and hidden secrets behind the many iconic marvels. This personalized and customizable tour offers a compelling exploration through New York City’s past and present.
Step into the vibrant tapestry of downtown Manhattan on this captivating half-day guided tour. Begin your journey through time as you traverse historic districts steeped with centuries-old remnants from the city’s colonial origins and pivotal moments of the American Revolution. Navigate from the Financial District to South Street Seaport that fueled the economic development of the city and the nation. Make your way to admire the spectacular vistas of the city skyline by the harbor crowned by the Brooklyn Bridge.
Next, you’ll be taken through the canyons of the city streets to the city’s civic center where the voices of the people have carried far beyond its boundaries. Cross into a center point where culturally distinct neighborhoods rooted together in search of the American dream. As you head forward into the modern urban landscape, you’ll stop to ponder on events that shook our world and find hope in the spirit that unites us and perseveres. Finally, explore gleaming examples of art and innovation intertwined into the newest architectural masterpieces that add to New York’s timeless allure.
This journey through time, iconic sights and culture provides a deeper understanding and appreciation of New York City and hopes to leave you with a rewarding experience and renewed sense of inspiration. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, the Downtown Experience offers an unforgettable glimpse into one of the world’s most captivating cities.
Expert-guided exploration of through Lower Manhattan's historical districts
Discover iconic landmarks with rich narrative and insight.
Personalized experience tailored to your unique interests.
Historic Districts Immerse yourself in the colonial history of New York City's earliest settlement, exploring its fascinating origins and pivotal role in shaping the city's identity.
Wall Street Experience the world's financial epicenter that continues to fuel innovation and progress of tomorrow.
South Street Seaport: Transport yourself back in time to the maritime district of yesteryear, where tall ships, charming nooks and sweeping views align on the city's waterfront.
Civic Center Encounter City Hall and essential institutions where law and government provides the essential structure with far reaching influence.
National 9/11 Memorial Pause to reflect on the unimaginable and find solace through our shared human spirit.
World Trade Center Marvel at the tallest skyscraper in the Americas, standing as a symbol of resilience and renewal in the heart of a revitalized neighborhood.
Private professionally guided city walking tour
$549.00 USD for up to 6 participants
$55.00 USD each additional participant
- Private Personalized Tour
- Expert Licensed Guide
- Customizable Experience
+ Hotel Pickup additional fee may apply
+ Extended Duration hourly rate will apply
* advance notice required for optional add-ons
– Gratuities optional but appreciated
Bowling Green Park
by the south gate facing the Museum of the American Indian
View in Google Maps
We want you to have a great experience and will do our best to accommodate you. Even with the best intentions we understand that sometimes things happen. We ask kindly that you please take a moment to review our policies:
- Safety – We follow all of the most current federal, state and local guidelines and follow best practices to ensure the safety of all. Our tours take place outdoors unless otherwise noted. Masks and social distancing are recommended and may be required to enter indoor facilities when applicable. We make every effort to avoid high traffic areas to make for a more comfortable experience.
- Weather – all tours are conducted on a year round basis, rain or shine. If inclement weather is expected or there is a severe weather advisory warning in effect around the time of the tour, we will contact you to discuss all options including or rescheduling the tour to another day or provide a refund.
- Schedule – tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early. If you anticipate a delay in arrival please call us at (646) 320-1277.
- Exchanges and Refunds – if for any reason you cannot make your scheduled tour we will be happy to reschedule your tour for another day. If you must cancel your tour we will provide a full refund of your tour at your request with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- Reservations – you can reserve a tour by phone, e-mail, or securely online. Advance reservations are recommended for all tours. Scheduled tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early.
- Dress – for the most enjoyable experience we suggest dressing appropriately for the weather and wearing comfortable walking shoes.
- Photos – bring a fully charged phone or camera! Your guide is happy to take photos for you at your request.
- Accessibility – our tours take place on level terrain and are stroller and wheelchair friendly. Please notify your guide if any participants might require special accommodation or accessibility during the tour.
- Transportation – we know that the best way to experience New York City is on foot. Our tours are walking tours that go at a comfortable leisurely pace. We can provide private transportation or assist with public transportation for an additional fee upon request.
See What Previous Guests Had to Say
Tour was very interesting and informative and very worthwhile. Our guide was very pleasant and knowledgeable on the subject and able to answer all our questions. We covered quite a bit in a short time. We learned a lot. We will book other tours like this in the future.
I am a native NYer and have always been a sponge for its history but have never really taken the time out to go on a walking tour. Let me tell you that after getting this tour as a gift, I simply cannot wait to see more, explore other neighborhoods, and make this a regular go-to activity.