…We look forward to visiting NYC again and taking another tour with NYHT.
The American Museum of Natural History Tour
Skip the line to go on a exploratory journey of discovery through one of the world’s greatest cultural and scientific institutions. On this personalized private tour through the American Museum of Natural History Museum you will be guided to the most exciting highlights and hidden treasures housed in a series of buildings that occupy more than two million square feet housing over thirty-four million artifacts. Explore connections between human cultures, the natural world, and beyond as you learn about the history of the museum, its extraordinary collection and how it contributes towards our cultural understanding and scientific advancement. This guided and curated exploratory experience is ideal for locals and visitors of all ages.
Over 33 Million Artifacts
Skip the Line
Express access to exciting highlights and hidden treasures of the American Museum of Natural History
Guided navigation though this expensive museum that includes 28 interconnected buildings housing 45 permanent exhibition halls, a planetarium, and a library.
Encounter key parts of collections containing over 33 million specimens of plants, humans, animals, fossils, minerals, rocks, meteorites, and human cultural artifacts
Be inspired by the groundbreaking research and conservation efforts that continue to build our understanding of the natural world
Private professionally guided walking tour.
$299.00 USD for up to 6 participants
$30.00 USD for each additional participant
- Private Personalized Tour
- Expert Licensed Local Guide
- Customizable Experience
- Express Entry
– Entrance Fees purchased on site prior to the start of the tour
American Museum of Natural History
by the north side of the main entrance on Central Park West
on the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial
between the north flagpole and marble wall the inscribed “Patriot”
We want you to have a great experience and will do our best to accommodate you. Even with the best intentions we understand that sometimes things happen. We ask kindly that you please take a moment to review our policies:
- Safety – We follow all of the most current federal, state and local guidelines and follow best practices to ensure the safety of all. Our tours take place outdoors unless otherwise noted. Masks and social distancing are recommended and may be required to enter indoor facilities when applicable. We make every effort to avoid high traffic areas to make for a more comfortable experience.
- Weather – all tours are conducted on a year round basis, rain or shine. If inclement weather is expected or there is a severe weather advisory warning in effect around the time of the tour, we will contact you to discuss all options including or rescheduling the tour to another day or provide a refund.
- Schedule – tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early. If you anticipate a delay in arrival please call us at (646) 320-1277.
- Exchanges and Refunds – if for any reason you cannot make your scheduled tour we will be happy to reschedule your tour for another day. If you must cancel your tour we will provide a full refund of your tour at your request with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- Reservations – you can reserve a tour by phone, e-mail, or securely online. Advance reservations are recommended for all tours. Scheduled tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early.
- Dress – for the most enjoyable experience we suggest dressing appropriately for the weather and wearing comfortable walking shoes.
- Photos – bring a fully charged phone or camera! Your guide is happy to take photos for you at your request.
- Accessibility – our tours take place on level terrain and are stroller and wheelchair friendly. Please notify your guide if any participants might require special accommodation or accessibility during the tour.
- Transportation – we know that the best way to experience New York City is on foot. Our tours are walking tours that go at a comfortable leisurely pace. We can provide private transportation or assist with public transportation for an additional fee upon request.
See What Previous Guests Had to Say
….Best part is my mom and dad LOVED it!! I highly recommend this tour company over any other company within NYC. Professional, educated, articulate, polite and true in and out New Yorkers…
…Telling us nice bits of the history of the museum. Really good. Love the place. And a guide helps you see all of it.