…what a wonderful experience!! We truly enjoyed it and it was one of the highlights of our trip…We were able to learn a lot about the city, and cover a lot of ground we wouldn’t have seen otherwise!! Highly highly recommend if you are looking for a tour! A must!
The West Village, Chelsea and the High Line Tour
Explore the oldest section of Greenwich Village on our West Village tour. Wander through this vibrant neighborhood and admire stunning townhouses, esteemed art galleries, unique boutiques, bustling entertainment hubs, and a plethora of dining spots whilst listening to its fascinating history. Nestled among the tree-lined streets and park squares, this neighborhood boasts notable inhabitants and historically significant sites. This West Village and Chelsea NYC walking tour includes an exploration of Jefferson Market Library, the iconic Stonewall Inn, the Gansevoort Historic District, Chelsea Market and the Meatpacking District, and the beautiful landscape park High Line, a testament to the neighborhood’s continuous evolution while honoring its past.
Beautiful Townhouse Architecture
Dive into the rich history and unique charm of the West Village
Visit iconic landmarks, such as the Jefferson Market Library and the Stonewall Inn
Tour the Gansevoort Historic District and the bustling Chelsea Market, offering a blend of the past and the present with historic structures alongside a thriving hub of local food, crafts, and culture
Experience the transformation of urban spaces with a leisurely stroll through the High Line
Duration, Price & Where to Meet
by the gate on West 4th Street
We want you to have a great experience and will do our best to accommodate you. Even with the best intentions we understand that sometimes things happen. We ask kindly that you please take a moment to review our policies:
- Safety – We follow all of the most current federal, state and local guidelines and follow best practices to ensure the safety of all. Our tours take place outdoors unless otherwise noted. Masks and social distancing are recommended and may be required to enter indoor facilities when applicable. We make every effort to avoid high traffic areas to make for a more comfortable experience.
- Weather – all tours are conducted on a year round basis, rain or shine. If inclement weather is expected or there is a severe weather advisory warning in effect around the time of the tour, we will contact you to discuss all options including or rescheduling the tour to another day or provide a refund.
- Schedule – tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early. If you anticipate a delay in arrival please call us at (646) 320-1277.
- Exchanges and Refunds – if for any reason you cannot make your scheduled tour we will be happy to reschedule your tour for another day. If you must cancel your tour we will provide a full refund of your tour at your request with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- Reservations – you can reserve a tour by phone, e-mail, or securely online. Advance reservations are recommended for all tours. Scheduled tours start promptly at the designated meeting location for your chosen tour. We recommend you plan to arrive a few minutes early.
- Dress – for the most enjoyable experience we suggest dressing appropriately for the weather and wearing comfortable walking shoes.
- Photos – bring a fully charged phone or camera! Your guide is happy to take photos for you at your request.
- Accessibility – our tours take place on level terrain and are stroller and wheelchair friendly. Please notify your guide if any participants might require special accommodation or accessibility during the tour.
- Transportation – we know that the best way to experience New York City is on foot. Our tours are walking tours that go at a comfortable leisurely pace. We can provide private transportation or assist with public transportation for an additional fee upon request.
See What Previous Guests Had to Say
Wonderful tour! …I learned a lot of historical facts, I would never had known if I was just walking through the area on my own. Looking forward to a different tour, next time I am in town.
…very informative, very interesting and engaging…We were quite impressed as well. Highly recommend!